Saturday, October 9, 2010

Picture frame hair clip hanger

I did not realize until recently how many AMAZING blogs there are out there just bursting with good ideas! I have been loving it, and probably getting a little too far gone on the idea front. Anyway, a few weeks ago I found this, a great tutorial on a hair clip holder made from an old picture frame. So, I have been scouring the thrift stores in our area looking for a frame that would work. Nothing. So, I made a trip to a little bigger town and SCORED! It isn't as fancy as I was hoping for, but the price was right. This baby cost me $6.99! It did have a picture inside, but that is another story for another day.

First came a coat of bright fuchsia spray paint to match the accents in Joy's room.
Then I hot glued ribbon on the back, 2" apart.
Viola! Wall art/hair clip holder. And, now you know the color of Joy's walls, too!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Celeste said...

That's really cute! I can't believe she has that many hair clips! Does she actually wear them?

Kelly Koehler said...

I have been searching everywhere for spray paint that is exactly this color. Could you PLEASE tell me the brand and name of the color spray paint you used? And if possible, where you purchased it? Thank you so so much!

kellyakoehler@gmail.com

Princess in a Hoodie said...

Can you please tell me the exact color of the bow frame? Thanks!

karissadadario@gmail.com