Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halloween Heat Transfer

I love a good sale. The other day, I found solid colored hats on sale at Walmart - $2 a piece. So, I bought white, red, and green for each child, knowing inspiration would hit. And, when I got home and pulled out the Halloween decorations, it did. Did you know that there is heat transfer vinyl? Yup. There is. (I buy mine from the Vinyl SuperStore.) So, I bought some black (as well as a few other colors) and got to work. Since I don't have a vinyl cutter (although I am working on a propaganda campaign to get a Silhouette for Christmas), I pulled out some scissors and cut. Black eyes, white eye dots, and letters. I just did a basic Word Art in Word for the boo!, flipped it to mirror image, and cut the vinyl. Then, it was a fairly simple matter to iron the faces and words on the appropriate spots. Alright, it was a pain in the neck to get those darn things on due to the bowing from the hat bill, but I think it was well worth the work.
Why on earth do they need matching hats? I know I can hear you asking. Well, let me tell you. It is hard to keep track of four kids in a crowd. But, put them in matching hats that no one else is wearing, and your job just got 89% easier. It really is incredibly helpful. And, you don't notice so much when Joy has won the I-don't-want-to-brush-my-hair battle!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: