Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Banner

Did I mention my most favorite gift for Christmas this year was a Silhouette? Well, I got one, and am in LOVE! Today was Joy's birthday, so I whipped out this super cool pendant banner, and she LOVED it! And, it was pretty easy.

To make it, I cut triangles from cardstock, and then cut her letters (500 pt Curlz font) out of coordinating paper. I glued the letters on with good old-fashioned Elmer's Glue (since I didn't have anything easier on hand). Then, I punched holes in the corners and threaded them through on 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. All in all, it was a pretty easy project, and the receiver appreciated it, which is even better.

I ordered a laminator which was supposed to have arrived on Friday, but when it gets delivered tomorrow, I will be laminating these puppies so this can be pulled out every year. I have decided that, when I do the boys, I will use darker colors for the background, they stood out much better. And, since they are boys, I will use a chunkier font so it shows up better. Who knows, I may even redo a few of Joy's. Nah, who am I kidding?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: