Tuesday, March 3, 2009

St. Patty's Korker Bows

I love St. Patrick's Day! Don't ask me why, but I just love it. Every year I look for some new craft to celebrate with. Lately, I have been into hair

bows. I like korker bows, but I haven't done them before. When I looked up instructions, usually they say to use grosgrain ribbon. Well, grosgrain is more expensive, and I don't have just yards of it laying around. (Okay, I do, but that is beside the point. That ribbon already has plans in place.) But, I do have TONS of satin and other ribbon that I don't really have plans for. So, I decided to put it to use. TA DA! Korker bows. Apparently, you can use many different types of ribbon. The instructions I used came from Girly Things. They recommend using Fray Check or clear nail polish on the ends, but I am a pyro, so I prefer to use an open flame. Although, curly as they were, I might try the nail polish next time. Anway, they turned out pretty cute. I used two different width ribbons, and I liked the effect. I am excited to try other ribbon types and see how they work too. Oh yes, for this type ribbon, I baked them for 25min at 275.

No comments: