Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bows with Panache

As you have probably figured out, I am a bit obsessive. When I do something, I want to do a MILLION! I tell myself that I am just a real artist, and I want to work on something until I get it right. Not surprisingly, after doing my St. Patty's korker bows, I wanted to do some more. Fortunately for me, I have a lot of ribbon just sitting around, so I had plenty of material to work with. So, I tried using a bunch of different ribbons, and here is what I came up with.
What's that you say? You would really like to seem them closer up so you get all the details? Oh, well, if you insist.
What's that? How do they actually look in someones hair? Well, Joy is usually willing to model for anything.
Alright, I know you are just being polite, so I won't subject you to anymore pictures. Just the commentary.
I figured out why people don't generally use satin ribbon. It curls just fine, but it is heavy, so the curls tend to pull out. I will only use them as filler, and make them shorter. Otherwise they just stretch out too long. I really like how grosgrain holds its exact shape, as does the sheer ribbon I have tried. Overall, I like bows with lots of different kinds of ribbon, not just different colors. It gives them more texture.

2 comments:

Lyndee said...

those are really cute! Hod do you get the ribbon to curl and stay that way?

erin said...

Super cute!! I love the different kinds of ribbon!!