Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christmas Block Quilt

The first quilt I actually started when I moved to Oak Harbor was a Christmas block quilt. Our ward has a quilt group and we are learning 12 blocks and putting them into a quilt. I got here when there were only three or four blocks to go, but I decided to start at the beginning and see what I could learn. So, a block quilt (or what I call a block quilt) is one that involves actually pieceing together fabric to make individual blocks, which then are put together to make the top of the quilt. So, you start out with fabric like this. Actually, picking the fabric out is my favorite part.

These are the blocks I have finished so far.

Ohio Star.








Can't remember the name
Laurel Wreath.




Cut Glass Dish.

3 comments:

Lyndee said...

your quilts are awesome! Do you still make baskets and books?

Tara said...

I have been on a quilting kick since arriving in WA, but I did books and baskets in MN and plan on doing some here. I just pile up with too many projects!

erin said...

What can I say...you are amazing!!